It can be so hard to know what to have for breakfast. It’s a time when we really need to eat, having had no food for all the hours we’ve been asleep. But for so many of us, it’s a time when we really don’t feel like eating much. Having a smoothie is ideal, as it’s a really light way to start the day. This smoothie recipe is also super tasty, and really healthy. There’s loads of fruit packed in, and you can add any extras you like. Choose whichever berries and nut butter are you’re favorite. Oats are an optional add-in if you want something more substantial.
Ingredients (makes 2 smoothies):
- 2 cups of milk of your choice
- 2 bananas
- 1 cup of mixed berries
- 2 tablespoons nut butter
- ½ cup of oats
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon honey (or maple syrup)
- Chop up the bananas.
- Into a food processor or blender, add all the ingredients.
- Blitz this until fully mixed together and smooth.
- You should do this in increments, and give it a bit of a shake from time to time to ensure it’s all mixed well.
- Pour into glasses and add an ice cube or two if you want.