One of the things we miss most during this coronavirus pandemic is being able to go out to our favorite restaurants for brunch and ordering things we can’t prepare at home. Look no further as we’ve got a recipe for a delicious tropical açaí bowl that’s filled with fruits and makes an amazing breakfast or midday snack. You’ll feel like your on an island vacation will munching on this treat!
- 1 1/2 cups frozen mango chunks
- 1 cup frozen pineapple chunks
- 1 cup frozen banana chunks
- two packets (3.5 ounces or 100 grams each) frozen unsweetened açaí berry purée
- 1 cup ice-cold water
- 1 to 2 tablespoons lime juice, to taste
- Additions: coconut granola, shredded unsweetened coconut, chopped nuts, fresh banana or kiwi, and chia seeds
- Combine frozen mango, pineapple, and banana and place them in a blender. Place the açaí packets under warm water for about 10 seconds to let them thaw and then cut them open and pour the açaí pulp into the blender.
- Pour in the cold water, fasten the lid, and start blending on the lowest speed until you gain traction and then increase the speed to high. If it’s not blending property, scrape the sides and add 1/4 cup to 1/2 cup more water.
- Add 1 to 2 tablespoons of lime juice to taste and blend to combine.
- Pour the smoothie into bowls and top with the garnishes of your choice. Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days.