Toffee is such a nice treat and it tastes even better when you put them into a cookie! This recipe is a very basic cookie recipe but has a lot of flare.
- 1 cup of unsalted butter
- 2 cups of flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1 cup of packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup of white sugar
- 2 room temperature eggs
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 3 oz of toffee bars
- 1 1/2 cups of chocolate wafers
- Start by cooking the butter until it foams, stirring until it starts to brown, about 6 minutes or so, on medium heat. Put it into a big bowl to the side.
- In another bowl, mix the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Add the sugars with an electric hand or stand mixer to the butter on medium. Beat for 1 minute.
- Put the eggs and vanilla into the mixer and put up the speed to medium-high for 1-2 minutes. Then, turn it back down to low and add in the dry ingredients. Finally, mix in the toffee and wafers in by hand.
- Leave out the dough for 30 minutes, use a scooper and space the cookies apart by 2-3 inches on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake at 375 F for 9-11 minutes cool and enjoy!