Rich, sweet, and creamy, fudge is a dessert treat of dreams. Everyone knows that homemade is best, but did you know that it’s surprisingly easy to make? Read on for one simple recipe, and three ways to serve it.
- 1 1/2 cups condensed milk
- 2 cups brown soft sugar
- 1/2 cup of butter
- 1/2 cup of milk
- Pinch of salt
- Line an 8-inch square tin with baking paper.
- Place all of the ingredients (apart from the salt) into a large saucepan over a low heat. Stir until the butter has melted and the sugar has completely dissolved.
- Bring the mixture to a boil over medium-high heat for 10 minutes. Stir continuously, but be very careful as the mixture is incredibly hot.
- Add a pinch of salt then beat the mixture well. Leave for 10 minutes, then repeat this process three times. Pour into the lined tin.
- Refrigerate for at least 3 hours, or until firmly set.
Fudge Crumble Cake
Crumble this homemade fudge over the top of a frosted cake, to create an interesting texture and a delicious, caramelized taste.
Fudge Pancake Batter
Crumble some of the fudge through a pancake batter, before cooking the pancakes as normal. The fudge will go deliciously gooey and add a real depth of flavor to the batter.
For a weekend treat, crumble some of the fudge through your normal breakfast granola – much better than dried fruit!